Grand Junction, Colorado dentist Julie M. Gillis DDS uses innovative dental mini implants to replace one or more missing teeth or to stabilize full or partial dentures comfortably and safely. More affordable and less invasive than full-sized dental implants, mini dental implants are an excellent addition to Dr. Gillis’ menu of cosmetic and restorative dental services.
It’s so important to preserve your natural teeth. Regular dental hygiene at home and taking advantage of modern preventive dentistry services keep smiles intact and beautiful as the foundation of great oral health.
When people lose teeth, your Grand Junction, CO dentist has treatment options
Julie M. Gillis DDS, your partner in oral health, understands that keeping all your natural teeth isn’t always possible. One or more teeth may be lost to:
- accident or trauma
- considerable decay or infection
- advanced gum disease (periodontitis)
- other health issues
In the past, dentists and patients could only choose fixed bridgework or full or partial dentures. While allowing individuals to fill gaps or restore entire smiles, these restorations possess draw- backs:
- The dentist must remove some tooth enamel from the supporting teeth on either side of a partial denture. These grooves accept the metal clasps which anchor the metal and acrylic denture. The supporting teeth are subjected to wear and decay.
- Full dentures are a traditional tooth replacement option. While they restore speaking and chewing ability and also normalize facial features, dentures often slip, slur speech and limit food choices.
- Full-sized dental implants have revolutionized tooth replacement. The titanium screw or screws placed in the jaw to replace teeth or anchor dentures help the jaw bone retain its natural size and density, and patients enjoy full function and great aesthetics with their new teeth. However, traditional implants require lengthy healing times after surgical placement and can be prohibitive in cost.
Mini implants restore smiles to best form and function quickly and affordably
The mini implant is a more recent tooth replacement innovation. Developed by a dentist in Western New York, mini dental implants have grown in popularity because they achieve excellent results less invasively, more quickly and at a lower cost.
Dentists install a mini implant via a pilot hole in the jaw. This hole involves no extensive cutting of the gum tissue and no suturing; so the procedure is more comfortable than with a full-sized implant. In addition, because of their small size, mini-implants work well with smaller jaw bone ridges. That means no expensive bone augmentation procedures.
Mini implants can replace one or more teeth, accepting natural-looking crowns or bridgework. Dentists such a Dr. Gillis in Grand Junction, CO and practitioners across the country utilize mini implants to stabilize partial dentures and full sets of dentures, too.
Patients report tremendous satisfaction with mini dental implants, citing improved self-confidence and a natural, solid feel when eating all the foods they love. While mini implants cannot decay as natural teeth, patients must floss and brush the devices daily to avoid gum disease. Regular dental check-ups and cleanings are critical as well.
Mini implants have a high success rate of 95 percent. Just like their larger counterparts, they last for years.
Would you like more information on Grand Junction, CO mini implants?
Contact Julie M. Gillis DDS PC and her staff for a consultation on tooth replacement options. They deliver a wide scope of preventive, restorative and cosmetic dental services that will build and maintain your smile for a life time.