If you have several cosmetic concerns about the appearance of your teeth and/or gums, a custom-designed smile makeover can give you a beautifully perfected, smile masterpiece. Using the latest techniques and high-quality materials, our experienced cosmetic dentist creates gorgeous smile makeovers that address a wide range of perceived dental imperfections to give patients the smiles they’ve always wanted.
- What Is a Smile Makeover?
- What Can a Smile Makeover Do?
- Smile Makeover Treatment Options
- The Smile Makeover Process
- Smile Makeover Cost
What Is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is a comprehensive treatment plan mainly aimed at improving the aesthetics of your smile by correcting areas of concern with the appropriate cosmetic dental solutions. Our experienced AACD-accredited cosmetic dentist, Julie Gillis, DDS, develops each customized smile makeover to rejuvenate the overall health and appearance of your smile using the latest techniques and technology. Common issues patients wish to address with a smile makeover include dental stains, tooth misalignment, damaged teeth, missing teeth, gaps between teeth, short/worn teeth, excessive/uneven gum tissue, discolored gum tissue, and a narrow smile. With the help of digital imaging, smile design software, and her extensive training, Dr. Gillis creates unique smile masterpieces that enhance patients’ facial beauty and boost self-confidence.
What Can a Smile Makeover Do?
By combining the right dental treatments, a smile makeover can achieve a variety of aesthetic enhancements to the teeth and gums, while repairing tooth damage and improving oral health. The personalized smile makeover treatment plan Dr. Gillis develops is based on your unique concerns, dental needs, and smile goals, which are comprehensively evaluated during a consultation. Depending on the results you desire, your smile makeover can focus on efforts to:
- Whiten and brighten stained teeth
- Conceal tooth discoloration
- Close gaps between teeth
- Straighten the appearance of misaligned teeth
- Repair chipped, cracked, or broken teeth
- Replace old, aesthetically displeasing, or ill-fitting dental work
- Lengthen short or worn teeth
- Reshape irregular teeth
- Reduce excess gum tissue
- Recontour an uneven gum line
- Replace missing teeth
- Restore badly damaged teeth
- Realign the bite
A foundation of good dental health is the key to creating long-lasting smile makeover results, so any oral health issues should be treated prior to cosmetic enhancement.
What Are My Smile Makeover Treatment Options?
Dr. Gillis offers a broad range of advanced treatment options that can be included in a smile makeover:
- Porcelain veneers – Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-designed shells of high-quality ceramic material that can conceal a variety of smile imperfections with a single procedure.
- Teeth whitening – Professional teeth whitening treatments can bleach the appearance of dental stains and discoloration for teeth that are several shades whiter.
- Porcelain crowns and bridges – Custom crowns and bridges can restore strength, structure, and a natural-looking beauty to smiles affected by damaged or missing teeth.
- Cosmetic bonding – Cosmetic bonding is a versatile solution for a variety of minor to moderate cosmetic imperfections. Using tooth-colored composite resin, Dr. Gillis can conceal flaws and reshape teeth for a more beautiful smile.
- Laser gum contouring – Laser gum contouring can reduce overabundant gum tissue or reshape the gumline for a more symmetrical and proportionate appearance.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are considered to be the tooth replacement option that is most like a natural tooth. The implant post is implanted into the jaw and fuses with the bone to support custom crowns, bridges, and even full-arch dentures.
- Tooth-colored fillings – Replacing dark metal-amalgam fillings with tooth-colored fillings can brighten your smile and give it a healthier-looking appearance.
- ClearCorrect™ (clear orthodontic aligners) – Discreet ClearCorrect orthodontic aligners can shift teeth into proper alignment with relative speed and comfort when compared to traditional braces.
What Is the Smile Makeover Process?
Once you and Dr. Gillis have decided on the treatments that are best-suited for achieving the results you desire, she can explain the order in which your smile makeover treatment plan will be performed to deliver an optimal outcome. For some patients, the process may be completed during one or two appointments, while others with more complex treatment plans may be staged over a few weeks or months. Dr. Gillis will work with you to find a treatment schedule that works best for your dental needs, time constraints, and budget. Her goal is to make sure you feel confident and well-informed about the smile makeover process, as well as excited about reaching your final result.
How Much Does a Smile Makeover Cost?
The cost of your smile makeover will depend on a variety of factors, including:
- Which treatments are proposed in your plan
- The complexity of your treatment plan
- Materials used to craft restorations and other laboratory fees
- Any sedation methods used during treatment
When your smile makeover treatment plan has been finalized, you will receive a comprehensive estimate for the full cost of your care. Our knowledgeable office team members can review the detailed quote with you and answer any questions you may have. Since many of the treatments involved in smile makeover cases are considered elective, your dental insurance benefits may not apply; however, our practice does accept dental insurance and can check your policy to see if any part of your care qualifies for coverage. To make paying for treatment more convenient and affordable we accept payment with major credit cards and dental financing through CareCredit®, a trusted healthcare lender. Approved applicants may qualify for short-term interest-free financing or extended-term financing through CareCredit—we can discuss these options and the simple application process with you.
Are you interested in a smile makeover? Contact our practice to schedule your consultation with Dr. Gillis!