When teeth, gums, and/or bone tissue have sustained extensive damage, experienced cosmetic dentist Julie Gillis, DDS can develop customized full mouth restoration treatment plans to rebuild smiles that are comfortable, healthy, and beautiful. Dr. Gillis is highly trained and exceptionally skilled in a broad spectrum of restorative, cosmetic, and implant dentistry techniques. Her approach is always focused on using advanced technology, effective treatments, and high-quality materials to create functional, long-lasting results that look incredibly natural. Dr. Gillis’ full mouth restoration patients are typically thrilled with their new smiles and the renewed confidence they experience.
To learn more about full mouth restorations, we encourage you to explore the informative sections provided below or to contact our office to schedule an appointment.
What Is Full Mouth Restoration?
Full mouth restoration is a comprehensive dental treatment plan aimed at treating disease, rebuilding structure, replacing missing teeth, restoring healthy function, and creating a beautiful smile. Dr. Gillis can use a variety of dental procedures to address patients’ complex dental health issues and give them the smile they have always wanted. As each patient has different needs and goals, the full mouth restoration process is highly customized to suit the individual.
Who Is a Candidate for Full Mouth Restoration?
You no longer have to suffer the discomfort, embarrassment, or health effects associated with compounded dental problems. Individuals with dental health concerns that have grown more severe and complex with time are typically the ones who are best suited for full mouth restoration. Oftentimes, these patients are experiencing the effects of:
- One or more missing teeth
- Periodontal disease (early stages or advanced)
- Extensive decay and/or enamel erosion
- Broken, cracked, worn down, or chipped teeth
- Damage from trauma
- Dental staining and discoloration
- Loose teeth
- Misaligned, gapped, and/or shifting teeth
- Jawbone recession
During an initial appointment with Dr. Gillis, she will perform a comprehensive evaluation to identify the status of your dental health. This assessment will include a thorough dental exam, digital X-rays, and any other necessary diagnostic testing. She will take the time to explain her findings, educate you about treatment options that are available, and ask about your most pertinent smile concerns. With consideration of your goals, lifestyle, aesthetic preferences, and budget in mind, Dr. Gillis will work together with you to develop a customized full mouth restoration treatment plan that can deliver healthy, beautiful results designed to last a lifetime.
What Treatments Are Included in a Full Mouth Restoration?
In addition to treatments aimed at improving the health of the teeth and gums—such as fillings, root canals, and periodontal care—Dr. Gillis can choose from a wide selection of cosmetic, restorative, and implant dentistry options to rebuild and rejuvenate your smile:
- Porcelain Crowns & Bridges – While porcelain crowns can reinforce the structure of a badly damaged tooth and improve its appearance, custom dental bridges can fill a gap left by one missing tooth or a few missing adjacent teeth. These restorations are crafted from high-quality ceramic materials to create results that are strong, long-lasting, and natural-looking.
- Porcelain Veneers – Porcelain veneers are thin shells of ceramic material that can be bonded to the visible front side of a tooth to restore an optimal shape, size, color, alignment, and appearance. Each veneer can conceal a variety of perceived imperfections to achieve a more aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Dental Implants – Dental implants can replace missing teeth with results that look, feel, and function much like your natural teeth! Implant posts are surgically placed in the jawbone and can be used to secure and support a variety of custom restorations—including single crowns, bridges, and dentures—as a healthy, natural tooth root would.
- Orthodontics – You do not have to live with crowding, misalignment, or gaps between teeth. With modern orthodontic techniques, Dr. Gillis can straighten your teeth, broaden your smile, and create a more comfortable, functional bite.
- Dental Bonding & Reshaping – Cosmetic bonding techniques use high-quality composite resin that’s color-matched to the shade of your teeth to correct a wide variety of dental flaws. This cost-effective approach can be a great alternative to porcelain veneers.
- Teeth Whitening – In-office and at-home teeth whitening treatments can bleach most dental stains and discoloration to give you a brighter, healthier-looking smile. Teeth whitening is often a great finishing touch for a full mouth restoration.
What Are the Steps Involved in a Full Mouth Restoration?
Before your full mouth restoration begins, Dr. Gillis will outline the specifics of the process and give you an estimate for how long you can expect it to take. The first stage of any full mouth restoration focuses on improving oral and dental health to provide a solid foundation for the success of procedures performed later in the treatment plan. Patients receiving dental implants may also require bone grafts to provide adequate support for the implant posts.
Once all disease has been sufficiently addressed, restorative, cosmetic, and implant dentistry procedures can move forward. These procedures may require multiple visits and/or phases to complete—for example, teeth must be prepared and restorations must be fabricated in the dental lab before the final placement can be performed. Dental implants usually take the longest, as the posts must heal and fuse with the jawbone tissue before the prosthetics can be attached.
Dr. Gillis places all restorations and implant prosthetics using her keen eye for detail to ensure an excellent fit, optimal aesthetics, and a proper bite. If slight changes need to be made, she can usually make them on the spot or may request more involved adjustments from the dental lab. Dr. Gillis’ focus is always on providing the highest-quality results at every phase of the full mouth restoration process. Seeing your satisfied smile and renewed confidence at the end of treatment is one of the greatest rewards Dr. Gillis receives in her line of work.
How Much Does Full Mouth Restoration Cost?
Since full mouth restoration treatment plans vary so widely between patients, it is difficult to provide an average price range; however, if you would like to find out how much your full mouth restoration would cost, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Gillis. After your appointment, you will be provided a detailed cost estimate for the treatment plan discussed. To help make the cost of care more affordable, you may choose to space out your treatment in phases or explore dental financing options. We work with a trusted lender, CareCredit®, which offers a variety of low-interest loans and flexible payment plans to qualified applicants. We can also assist you with any dental insurance inquiries and billing questions.
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Gillis to explore your full mouth restoration options!